The Treehouse + The Cave


The Treehouse + The Cave: Sunsets <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d9561264\x26blogName\x3dThe+Treehouse+%2B+The+Cave\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://thetreehouseandthecave.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thetreehouseandthecave.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-2611371644715887499', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Sunsets

Sunset 6

Last night's sunset was the first I had seen from home in months. I've left the office within minutes of the setting sun all season (just after in 2004, and just prior in 2005). Now, with the recent spring forward, I see the beginning of the dimming glow just as I exit the subway a borough away, the actual dip below the horizon minutes after I drop my overstuffed bag from my shoulder to an overstuffed chair at home.

Last night, after depositing my things, catching my breath, and cracking a freshly purchased Beck's, I climbed the stairs to our roof. I climbed again, up the loose ladder that leads to our deck (really, the augmented framework beneath an absent water tank), and watched as our star steadily descended behind the Manhattan skyline. The wind was strong, and as I stared at the sun, my eyes dried.

Images from that 15 minutes:

Rooftop

Blogger Mick thought:

Superb! Beautiful photos, beautiful layout.

April 5, 2005 at 7:59 PM - Comment Permalink  
Anonymous dissertations thought:

Cool! Author the best! Thank you!

May 12, 2011 at 12:21 PM - Comment Permalink  

Post a Comment
Hide Comments